Monday, November 19, 2007

The 11th Hour

Yes, Welcome to my 3rd blog.

The title of the blog is self-explanatory (I wanted to take the 11th hour but it was taken already by another blogger). As a geographer, I always believe that the world has been degraded due to human action. Most of the harm comes from us, consumers of the capitalist world. Of cos, the state apparatus and dominant social production system, capitalism, are just a few forces which have continuously allowed this to carry on.

I believe like a whole bunch of green people out there, we need to find a more sustainable way of living so our mother earth would not be affected to such an extend that living quality and nature will be affected beyond redemption.

Inspired by my lecturers, such as Dr Carl and Dr Obard, world political and influential figures, the likes of Al Gore, Green revolution academics, groups and enthusiasts, and of late, Leonardo Di Caprio, the maker of the documentary, 'The 11th Hour'.

This blog will feature debates on nature and society or nature and culture conflicts, ideas or definitions on the green movement and my experience on going green.

Well, if you haven't figured why I decided to create this blog, why not catch the documentary 'The 11th Hour' and you will understand why I was so inspired by it, so much so I decided to be join the green revolution.


'It's our generation that gets to change the world... forever.'
The 11th Hour

No comments: